This salad is fresh and unassuming and is easy to adapt to bigger or smaller groups. It has a nice, warm sesame flavour and lots of great textures, and is dairy free. It’s a great potluck dish. This salad comes from my mother in law – my addition is the carrots – and we served this salad at our wedding because I love it that much. It goes nice with barbequed steaks.
Like all my recipes, T is tablespoon and t is teaspoon.
- 1/2 green cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 green onions
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 package of instant ramen noodles, vegetable flavour
- Chop cabbage and green onions.
- Combine cabbage and green onions with sesame seeds and almonds.
- Break up raw ramen noodles into smaller pieces and add to the mix.
- Mix with dressing an hour before serving.
Dressing (combine and stir until sugar is dissolved):
- 6 T rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 3 T white sugar
- seasoning packet from instant noodles