I was asked for this recipe and decided to post it here as well. This is my all time favorite cookie recipe. Ross loves these. They take hardly any time to make if you have a Kitchen Aid and are SUPA YUM. I purposely undercook them so they are even more chewy and I make a point of buying the plumpest juiciest raisins I can. I was never a “raisin” person but these cookies changed my outlook. I would not call these low-cal.
- 3/4 cup softened butter (leave it on the counter, do not melt it to liquid)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (we use demerera)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 3/4 cups quick oats
- 1 heaping cup raisins (don’t scrimp!)
- Cream butter with sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture a bit at a time.
- Add oats and raisins and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees and remove to racks to cool.
Yield is 4 dozen-ish.