How was your Christmas, friends? We ate a giant smoked turkey with barley stuffing, maple roasted acorn squash, mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry blueberry pecan orange sauce, and shredded brussel sprouts with bacon and pine nuts. YUM! It was nice to have my brother and his family here for a few days, and we feel especially loved and spoiled by all the wonderful gifts and cards we received.
We have an awful lot of turkey leftover (when your turkey is 21 lbs, that’s what happens) and we have two recipes we use with regularity to use up turkey. This Turkey Mushroom Soup rocks my socks off, and we also make my mother-in-law’s recipe for turkey enchiladas. Today, I’m sharing that one.
- 1 can cream of chicken (or turkey) soup
- 1 6oz tub sour cream
- 1 4oz can chopped green chilies
- 1 whole chicken (or turkey) breast cooked and cut up
- S&P and any other seasonings you may wish, to taste
- Monterey jack cheese grated – usually one stick
- 2-3 chopped green onions
- Mix all together.
- Put about 2 tbsp of mix on tortillas. Roll up and place in greased dish. Top with remaining filling.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20-30 mins.
- Usually makes 8 – 10 tortillas